The Aresan Clan is published four times a week (Tue, Wed, Fri, Sun). You can see what's been written so far collected here. All posts will be posted under the Aresan Clan label. For summaries of the events so far, visit here. See my previous serial Vampire Wares collected here.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wishing Steps

Amy walking down the Wishing Steps at Blarney Castle by allistair
Amy-Wishing Steps a photo by allistair on Flickr.

This photo was taken a great many years when I was in high school, taking a class trip to the British Isles. Blarney Castle was one of our stops, and, as you probably know, there's a stone at the top of Blarney Castle that you kiss and it gives you the "gift of gab" making you eloquent and loquacious (two verbs one would hardly ever use to describe me, even after I kissed the Blarney Stone). But Blarney castle is also surrounded by a nice garden, and in one section are the so-called "wishing steps." It's a small tunnel cut through this really nice looking rock formation, and apparently as you walk down the steps in the tunnel, if you make a wish, it'll come true. The girl descending the steps is just another student like me, and I've always wondered what she was wishing for. I can't remember what I wished or whether it came true (I think I'd probably remember if it did), but it's still something you should walk through if you're there.


No comments:

Post a Comment