The Aresan Clan is published four times a week (Tue, Wed, Fri, Sun). You can see what's been written so far collected here. All posts will be posted under the Aresan Clan label. For summaries of the events so far, visit here. See my previous serial Vampire Wares collected here.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bobst Library

Bobst LIbrary by allistair
Bobst LIbrary a photo by allistair on Flickr.

This is Bobst Library, the main library of the NYU campus in Manhattan. This twelve-story, Phillip Johnson-designed building has a grand ten-story atrium in the center, and a person can be dizzied looking down the huge atrium from the top floors. Since I was attending Stony Brook, and Stony Brook's library was quite a distance away from where I lived in Queens, I would usually go here. This picture was taken one of those lonely nights of studying ancient and forgotten books of philosophy. I didn't have a tripod, so I set the camera down on a mailbox to keep the camera still for the relatively long exposure. This is the result.


No comments:

Post a Comment