The Aresan Clan is published four times a week (Tue, Wed, Fri, Sun). You can see what's been written so far collected here. All posts will be posted under the Aresan Clan label. For summaries of the events so far, visit here. See my previous serial Vampire Wares collected here.

Friday, March 4, 2011

The first time I heard the word “ignore”

I remember the first time I heard the word “ignore.” I must have been about the age of five or six. I had two friends that lived around the corner from me, that went to the same school as me named Joey and Brian. My sister never really liked Joey, and wished I wasn't friends with him. On this day Joey had said something mean to Brian (I can’t remember what). When Brian responded with some complaints and insults of his own, Joey decided to walk away and he led me away with him. We would play on our own without him. As Brian yelled at us, while we walked away, Joey said, “Just ignore him.” And though I didn’t say it out loud, I was thinking to myself “what does ignore mean?”

No comments:

Post a Comment