The Aresan Clan is published four times a week (Tue, Wed, Fri, Sun). You can see what's been written so far collected here. All posts will be posted under the Aresan Clan label. For summaries of the events so far, visit here. See my previous serial Vampire Wares collected here.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Rossville - Oil Tanks

Rossville-Oil Tanks by allistair
Rossville-Oil Tanks a photo by allistair on Flickr.

Continuing to describe my exploration of Rossville from my last post I can say that the tugboat graveyard is not the only spectacle of urban decay there. Right nearby were two massive Mobile oil tanks, large cylindrical drums about 100 feet high and just as wide. I climbed a fence to enter the grounds of the oil tanks, where a few cement buildings still stood, though now the whole area was completely overgrown and mostly reclaimed by nature. The tanks were old rusted monstrosities that were undoubtedly very unsafe to climb, but seeing as it looked like there would be a nice view from the top, I climbed them anyways. On the side were a set of stairs, and I climbed the ten stories worth to the top. The floors of the stairs were metal grates, permitting a few of the retracting ground below. I won't deny that I was very nervous climbing up. When I got to the top, I snapped a picture of this old winch


No comments:

Post a Comment