The Aresan Clan is published four times a week (Tue, Wed, Fri, Sun). You can see what's been written so far collected here. All posts will be posted under the Aresan Clan label. For summaries of the events so far, visit here. See my previous serial Vampire Wares collected here.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Rossville - Tugboat Graveyard

When I was living in New York City, I was really interested in Urban Exploration (and New York is a great place for that) and one of the places that I read about was Rossville, a dilapidated neighborhood in the northwest corner of Staten Island. Just getting there from my apartment in Queens was a trek, going into Manhattan, then down to the Staten Island Ferry, crossing over to Staten Island, taking the Staten Island train, then waling to Rossville, such that I didn't get there until late in the day. I got to the tugboat graveyard by walking through a crumbling old cemetery and out onto the remains of a harbor. This picture I got walking out a muddy spit of sand that used to be a dock, and snapping a picture of this huge old behemoth, which used to be a tugboat.


No comments:

Post a Comment