The Aresan Clan is published four times a week (Tue, Wed, Fri, Sun). You can see what's been written so far collected here. All posts will be posted under the Aresan Clan label. For summaries of the events so far, visit here. See my previous serial Vampire Wares collected here.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Santa Fe Self-Portrait

Trunk in water by allistair
Self-Portrait - Couch a photo by allistair on Flickr.

At the time of this photo, about 8 years ago, I shared a casita with my roommate Will, an easy-going twenty-something about my age who made a living selling vintage western wear. I took this photo one day in December, home alone on a cold day. I took it with a small point-and-shoot digital camera, sitting upon a table, which was sitting upon a chair. I didn't have a tripod, so I stacked furniture to bring the camera to the right eye-level. Then I ran back and forth taking pictures: starting the timer, sitting in the couch, trying to look relaxed nonchalant, waiting for the picture, then running back to the camera for another. I haven't done many self-portraits, since they really are a lot of work. But on the plus side, the models work for cheap.


No comments:

Post a Comment