The Aresan Clan is published four times a week (Tue, Wed, Fri, Sun). You can see what's been written so far collected here. All posts will be posted under the Aresan Clan label. For summaries of the events so far, visit here. See my previous serial Vampire Wares collected here.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

"ain't none of my business" poem

This is for Day 12 of the April PAD challenge, an "ain't none of my business" poem.

I had a roommate who worked on secret things alone,
On mysteries, that neither him nor I was meant to know.
On murky evenings much went on behind his door:
The sounds that roared, the smoke that seeped through cracks,
The indecipherable intonations, lights that flashed.
What he'd seen or heard or looked upon with naked mind,
I couldn't conceive, and he wouldn't dare to leave behind.
He disappeared, and nothing more was heard,
Departing willingly or being taken away
I couldn't say and won't investigate.
There's things best kept undisturbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment